108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VLS 6105 Creating Library Issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
Khurram Shahzad
Regular Advisor

VLS 6105 Creating Library Issue

Hi I am having some problem while configuring VLS 6105. Actually what happen is when i try to create virtual library through "Command View VLS" it gives me an error message that No licence installed.
6 REPLIES 6
Kevin Collins_11
Frequent Advisor

Re: VLS 6105 Creating Library Issue

Khurram,

Can you give me some more details on this?

Can you tell me how much storage is indicated to be associated with your device? This is shown on the identity page?

Can you send any screenshots?

What version of the VLS firmware are you running?

How many expansion kits have you added? Have you added the licenses for the expansion kits already? Recently? Was it working before?

Thanks,

Kevin
Khurram Shahzad
Regular Advisor

Hi Kevin,
Kindly find the attached screen shorts. Basically i got one VLS6105 node and one MSA20 disk enclosure. I have seen the identity page, the total usable capacity that it is showing is 0GB. Moreover when i add the VLS in Command view TL in the status window it display a message that software mis-match detected, can this be the issue thats why it is not allowing me to create virtual library. There is infact only one license availabe in the unmanaged license section. As per documentation if u mis place the license key you then can generate it from www.webware.hp.com, I have tried to find the key through serial number of VLS i.e SGH624X330 PID AF728A but could not find it.
Kevin Collins_11
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Khurram,

If you only ordered one shelf then you don't need to add any license. The issue is flagged by the 0GB available. I'll ask an engineer on my team to review this.

Regards,

Kevin
Michael Richter
Trusted Contributor

Khurram,

seems that your licence is generate by the Hardware Serial Number .. please check the Identity Section for the VLS Serial and send them to webware to generate a new licence key.

regards
Mike
Khurram Shahzad
Regular Advisor

Thanks a lot for your help.
The problem has been resolved by restoring the VLS from Quick Restor CD. As it was first time installation therefore there was no issue in restoring. Now everything is running fine. Thanks to Kevin it is true that with one MSA 20 disk array, one doesn't need to add any license the actual problem was the 0 GB available on the identity page. Now it is showing full space.
Kevin Collins_11
Frequent Advisor

Khurram,

I'm glad to here it's working for you now.

Best Regards,

Kevin