1748108 Members
5129 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

VLS6218 Firmware upgrade from 2.3.1 to 3.4.1

Whoa
Occasional Visitor

VLS6218 Firmware upgrade from 2.3.1 to 3.4.1

I upgraded my VLS 6218 to 3.4.1 using the quick restore DVD method, per instructions, from version 2.3.1. I used the file VLS6200_VLS_3_4_1_1-15_QR.iso

The install completed but now my hostname and IPs have changed, it's as if the unit has been built from scratch, the new IP being a loopback address of 127.0.0.2. The instructions listed below tell me that I need to set the node to 'master' in order to get my original settings back, if I'm reading it correctly. This is step 10 in the install, immediately after the first reboot after applying the image from DVD:

10. Beginning with the primary node, set the node identity to master. See your VLS user guide for details. The node will automatically reboot.

The warm failover process automatically restores the node to its previous configuration including the serial numbers, front-end Fibre Channel WWPNs, virtual device configuration, and licenses. No reconfiguration is required

I'm hoping I don't need to start from scratch in the build, it's my first time working with this product and I'm in the dark on too many aspects to head that way. Would love to know about some training on these VLS units, online or otherwise.

Thanks for any help!

John

1 REPLY 1
Whoa
Occasional Visitor

Re: VLS6218 Firmware upgrade from 2.3.1 to 3.4.1

I found the answer, the instructions don't tell you that you'll need to apply your network settings manually, and then do a restore config, I found those in the user manual. Performed both actions and it looks good again.