New Discussion юеВ

VLS6870 - NO FC PORTS AVAILABLE TO MAP!

ALCS
Regular Advisor

VLS6870 - NO FC PORTS AVAILABLE TO MAP!

Hi,

Just installaed this VLS with 6 MSA20s.
Add on capacity LTU were entered from CVTL
and all seems OK, now upon trying to create new Virtual Library, no FC port are available to map under the drop down list.

Normally I should be able to select 1 of the 4 possible FC ports but in my case nothing is displayed beneath the drop down list.

Moreover none of the FC link to the SAN switch are up (either in sync or down)

The QLOGIC 4 ports FCA are seen within the node BIOS but it seems the the OS is not recognizing them

the FW is v1.1

Appreciate feedbacks.

Farid

Keep it simple
4 REPLIES 4
Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

Re: VLS6870 - NO FC PORTS AVAILABLE TO MAP!

Farid,

When you configured the VLS you need to go into the CVVLS, click on the chassis that you are configuring and across the top of the upper right-hand frame you will see "Tasks:" Select the "Host LUN Mapping Mode" task and setup your hosts that you want to have access to the VLS system.

Also, you should select the "Fiber Channel" under the nodes tree and make sure that the fabric type and speed are correct.

Once you do this you should see the VLS log into the fabric and you can then zone the VLS to the hosts you setup in the Host LUN Mapping.

Phil
Once it's in production it's all bugs after that.
ALCS
Regular Advisor

Thank you for your reply.

from the chassis, if you click "Fiber Channel" under the nodes tree, nothing is displayed beneath. (Should see a list of 4 FC ports to configure for loop/fabric,.. No?)

Note that it was quickrestored and updated to v1.2, same problem.

Appreciate feedbacks.

Farid

Keep it simple
ALCS
Regular Advisor

Can this effect be due to the fact that i did not set the "Host LUN Mapping Mode"??

Actually I will work on it again mid next week, but i appreciate your reply for that.

Farid
Keep it simple
Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

Farid,

Not setting the Host Lun Mapping mode could do that. Also, make sure you have your zoning correct on your fabric switch.

Phil
Once it's in production it's all bugs after that.