5845 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VSL6870 Trouble shooting?

Janet White
Advisor

VSL6870 Trouble shooting?

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can find trouble shooting information for the VLS? I have been having nothing but problems in a previously stable environment. Not finding anything useful in the Users Guide, right now it appears I have lost fibre connectivity. NO_HW for that library tape drives. on all hosts the hba's on the hosts are fine. I currently can not get into CVTL, is anyone familiar with commands on the VLS node itself? I have been trying getArrayFault and things like that with no luck. HP CE's have been on site already this weekend and all appeared well. Tired of guessing what's wrong. Thanks in advance.

Janet

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Tape Backup (Small and Medium Business) to Disk-Based Backup - Hp Forum moderator

6 REPLIES 6
whiz_kid
Regular Advisor

Re: VSL6870 Trouble shooting?

i would login into the san switch to see if it can see the VLS ports online.

if it sees, i would check the zoning configuration. if it doesnt' i wud assume that thrs something wrong within the VLS.

if the zoning config. looks fine, i wud check from the command view TL, whether it can see the wwn of the hosts to which its presented.

i ll reset the hba connections in the hosts (fcmsutil /dev/tdx reset), i wud restart hosts, i wud restart the VSL itself.
Janet White
Advisor

checked the switches, the fc for the VLS are down, I'm guessing the whole VLS emmulation is down at the moment since I can't get into CVTL. the zoning is good as it has been in place and functioning well for over 10 months. I can't reset the fc on the hosts as they also share connectivity to 2 XP10000's. And I can't reboot the servers as they are in production environment. thanks for the suggestions, going to drive to the data center and see what the enclosures look like.
whiz_kid
Regular Advisor

restart the VLS and see
Arend Lensen
Trusted Contributor

Use the "View logs" option in the gui and get the messages file, it will tell you much.
You could also pull a support ticket, that also has that messages file...and many more...

Janet White
Advisor

thanks the logs didn't show problems and CVTL was reporting green and healthy on everything. worked with HP services the CE came out again and changed the raid controller then the node was able to process it had disk problems replaced the disk and all appears ok now. My question has been answered there is not other way to find errors then the tools with CVTL, I was hoping I could get into the linux side of the node and find core files and things like that but you can't. Thanks for the replies everyone and closing the thread.
Janet White
Advisor

no other way to trouble shoot but CVTL