Disk, Disk Arrays (Retired Discussion Board)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I need HP Ontrack Disk Manager

Occasional Visitor

I need HP Ontrack Disk Manager

Where can I get the Ontrack Disk Manager without buying it? I have a HP SureStore 1600 A (71626AP). It is an old drive and it was labled as Maxtor 71626AP. I have other Maxtor drives and they came with the Max Blast floppy. I forgot that this drive had the Ontrack software on the hard drive an I wiped it out by formating it. I tryed to use the Maxtor floppy with the Ontrack software but it is not licenced for HP drives. Now I am stuck. I just want to remove the Ontrack DDO because my computer BIOS can handle this size drive now. Does anyone know where I can get the Ontrack software so I can remove the DDO?
Thanks Mike
4 REPLIES
Honored Contributor [Founder]

Re: I need HP Ontrack Disk Manager

Mike, why do you need this software? I remember I used Ontrack disk manager (but with Western Digital drives) and it simply writes its driver to be started on PC bootup to support large drives. Since your PC now supports large drives so you may not need this software at all. That's what do I think about it
Eugeny
Esteemed Contributor [Founder]

Hi here.
The info is usually written to the master boot record.
If you go to repartition the drive and format the partitions, it should be gone.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Honored Contributor [Founder]

Fully agree with Alexander, fdisk should help. Remove partitions and re-create them from the scratch
Eugeny
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the responses. I didn't try the FDisk yet. I did make the drive a slave and now it doesn't load the DDO. If I do try to use it as a master in the future I will definately FDisk it. Thanks again
Mike