3644 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 12H : arraycfg fails at LUN 0

Lothar Krueler
Regular Advisor

12H : arraycfg fails at LUN 0

Hi there,
using HP-UX 11 in a L2000 SG-Cluster i've got a problem with arraycfg, look at that prompt, please:

hera:/# arraycfg -L 0 -d -V $ID
DeleteLUN(0) command received
DeleteLUN(0) command started
DeleteLUN(0) command complete
Error in command execution, "RMT_ARMERRORSTATUS_MSG"

ARMERR : ERR_COMMAND_FAILED
ARMERR Qual : DELETE_LUN
MODULE_CODE_ID : SUBSYSTEM
OS LAYER ID : HP-UX
COMMAND STATE : An OEM errno was returned
ERROR NUMBER : 16
OEM MESSAGE : "Device busy"

arraycfg: Error in command execution

first i shut down the SG-package, then i did a vgexport to delete the VG in that LUN. The i wanted to delete the LUN using the arraycfg command.
This procedure worked with the other LUNs fine.
What does this error mean ?

Thanks in advance
Lothar
Wissen macht zaghaft, Dummheit kann alles!
3 REPLIES 3
Lothar Krueler
Regular Advisor

After opening a HP-Call i know what the device made busy: The vg in that LUN was the FIRST_CLUSTER_LOCK_VG ! Halting the cluster fixed that problem ...
Jay Blasen

I had created a bunch of luns and when I got them into vgdisplay I saw the PE count was 5998, I???d rather see 6000, a nice even number. I tried to delete the luns and format the array, reset and shutdown the array, it was hung up on delete or format commands. I was getting the same above errors.

Solution:
I didn???t have cluster locks, but I did try to skip doing all the vgreduce commands, so I had simply removed the /dev/vg01/group and moved the /etc/lvmtab (remember always move that file never delete it, you don???t know if you???ll need it in the next steps.) I even tried to vgscan -v to recreate lvmtab. Still no good, got the SCSI ???device busy???. So I mv???d the old lvmtab back in place and ran all the vgreduce commands, it failed on I/O errors on the last lun removed (I went in reverse order that I had added them.)

After the vg was reduced correctly I redid the lvmtab steps, saving it to another name. Ran the vgscan, suddenly my arraycfg commands worked again. -db5/02
Someday computers will work for people.
Lothar Krueler
Regular Advisor

Hi Jay,
thanks for your assistance. I'm not sure if i understand your response right, but my problem had been solved by the Call Center in February.
Regards
Lothar