5488 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 12H warning

Jeff Gyurko
Frequent Advisor

12H warning

Hi all,

I've got a 12H with a warning. in talking with HP, they've suggested destroying/recreating the LUN that they say is generating the warning. No problems.

I've mirrored the filesystem in an attempt to bypass backup/restore. I can get everything to mirror except 1, 4mb extend. I'll assume this is what's causing my "warning".

The other thing I was thinking of doing, is just pulling and replacing the effected physical disk. It's obviously a bad spot on the disk, and this should cure it. Is there a way to decypher the construct of a LUN by extent? Can I figure out which slot (A1, B3..)is assigned to the extend that I cannot mirror?

Any help appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Jeff,
gather 'arraydsp -a' and 'logprint -t All -v', zip them and attach to your next reply
Eugeny
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

You problem is not so simple as to be related to one disk. The array makes absolutely certain that the data resides on at least one more physical disk (RAID 1/0) or that enough data resides on other disks to reconstruct the missing data (RAID 5). It therefore appears that your problem is not limited to one disk. If you do have an amber LED then that disk needs to be replaced.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Jeff Gyurko
Frequent Advisor

Hi Eugeny,

I'm currently in a rebuild, but I'll tell you what I've done so far. I went through all the array logs, by slot and used the problem raw device as input for the log. ie:arraylog -d A6 /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0 and checked all the information for each slot (A1-A6, B1-B6).

What I found was 1 device had errors it was not able to recover from. I'm taking a stab, since it only costs a rebuild and replaced that particular device. Once the rebuild is complete, I'll let you know the outcome.

Jeff