Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3200 controller on proliant 5500

Isaac Lipkowitz
Occasional Contributor

3200 controller on proliant 5500

Hi, I'm trying to reconfigure a proliant 5500. The system config disk can't write to the disks to create a System partition. it suggests setting up the array. It then asks for the Floppy Disk labelled "Drive Array Configuration". Does anybody know what download file this might be? I can't find anything in the support area. I presume that without the system partition, I can't save info on such things as boot sequence. Currently, I can't boot from CDROM at all. I've managed to run a system erase on the system and, so far, that seems to have worked. The drive array is now unconfigured. All I need is to get it reconfigured so the system can see it, then create the system partition, then, hopefully boot from CD.
BtW, it used to boot from CD, I installed windows, then deleted it and loaded Linux - all no problem about 2 months ago.
I also aaaume that if I can boot from CD, I can configure things from the SmartStart CD.