New Discussion

3PAR - showpd command shows inconsistent information

SOLVED
Go to solution
Lemsibih
Occasional Contributor

3PAR - showpd command shows inconsistent information

Greetings,

Let me comment you about a client that have a Storage 3par, model "HP_3PAR 7400 c" whose output from the showpd command shows inconsistent information:

First inconsistency disk ID 68 with CagePos 3: 12: 0 has Failed status; below it shows the ID 152 with the same Cage Pos 3: 12: 0 and has normal status

Id  CagePos Type RPM State      Total          Free        A      B         Capacity(GB)..

68  3:12:0?      FC    10     failed      838656            0   -----    -----            ----

152  3:12:0        FC    10     normal  1715200  921600   1:0:2*  0:0:2          1800

The information shown in the “total” column suggests that the failed disk was replaced by another of a different size and probably the proper replacement procedure was not followed.

The second and third inconsistencies are similar situations with other two of discs.

Thank advance

1 REPLY 1
veeyarvi
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: 3PAR - showpd command shows inconsistent information

Hello Lemsibih,

It appears the PD got replaced successfully but the old PD reference still there. When a PD gets replaced, the replacement PD will get the first available ID (so the same PDID will not be assigned for the new PD).

Please check the status of the servicemag (servicemag status -d 3 12). You can remove the old PD reference (if all looks good) by 'dismisspd 68'

Regards,

Veeyaarvi

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo