5165 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

4354 Dual Bus Drive Enclosure

neil williams_1

4354 Dual Bus Drive Enclosure

I have 2 ml370 servers each configured as follows:
on board Raid configured as mirror for w2k OS
532 RAID controller connecting to the 4354 Dual Bus Drive Enclosure which contains 5 36gb Disk dives.

I want to configure w2k clustering, however I can't see the shared drives from the second channel on the storageworks enclosure.

Are there any specific configurations settings required to use both channels
2 REPLIES 2
Chanler Childs
Frequent Advisor

Re: 4354 Dual Bus Drive Enclosure

The 4354 is a split backplane, meaning channel A sees the first 7 disks and channel B sees the 2nd set of 7 disks. There is no way to use both connectors to see the same disks.
Mike Naime
Honored Contributor

Re: 4354 Dual Bus Drive Enclosure

Neil:

In order to W2K cluster, you will have to have a storage controller that allows for Multiple server systems to access the same storage. I.E. you MUST purchase an external RAID storage controller that allows for multiple systems to access the same LUNS.

Your Existing Hardware will not allow you to do this. It was not designed to do this
either.
All of our W2K clusters are SAN based. HBA'S in the Servers. Fibre Attached. MSA1000, or HSG80 based storage controllers.

You can pick up the basic MSA1000 for about 10K. (List Price) That will allow you to "Cluster" your systems. You will also need to get HBA's and Fibre cables.
VMS SAN mechanic