1752647 Members
5726 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

4354R all 14 disks are visible to both machines

yatin
Frequent Advisor

4354R all 14 disks are visible to both machines

Hi i have connected 4354R to two machines and both machies can see 14 diks . I want both machines to 7 individual disks
2 REPLIES 2

Re: 4354R all 14 disks are visible to both machines

Hello,
for answering your question it is necessary how you have connected the machines and what i/o-module is inserted into the shelf?
If you have a dual bus i/o-module and connected one machine to one port and the other machine to the other port, then you should see for both machines seven disks (scsi-id from 0 to 5 and 8).
Regards
Eckhard
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: 4354R all 14 disks are visible to both machines

this almost soundsl ike there is a switch on the shelf to control how the unit operates... off = standard dual bus vs. on = single bus for shared access/clustering.

I don't recall the 4354R ever having this capability, I could be mistaken though.

Another possibility is that you have a newer MSA30 (effectively the same as a 43xxR) with the 4 port I/O module specifically used for shared storage in NON windows based systems (HP-UX/Linux, etc). HP Claims that it is not supported in Windows, but would probably work to some extent.

Let us know more details of the shelf, maybe a picture of the back if you can swing it?

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)