Disk Enclosures
1753765 Members
5272 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: A problem about upgrade firmware of MSA1500 !!

ben_149
Occasional Advisor

thanks everyone.
taggart
Regular Advisor

I am also trying to upgrade the firmware of an msa1500. In the CLI I can see the firmware command and the CLI manual has a section describing how to do the upgrade. The manual says I need to download the firmware "bin" image from http://hp.com/go/msa1500cs. But I can't find a raw firmware image there, only utilities for various OS online upgrades.

I am running Debian/amd64 and while it looks like I can get the RH/SuSE tools to run, they require installing a bunch of Gnome stuff which is not something I want to do on the production server the msa1500 is connected to.

Where can I get the raw firmware image to use the CLI?
John Kufrovich
Honored Contributor

Go back to the 1500 download page and use Tru64 for the OS.

jk
taggart
Regular Advisor

John,

Using the Tru64 trick worked great. I documented my work at

http://lackof.org/taggart/hacking/msa1500/

Thanks
TSG CC

TRU64 downloads are not listed anymore. Is there any other URL with the raw .bin msa1500 firmware files?

There are .bin files under Novell support. Can these be the raw files?

Our msa1500cs has the firmware version 5.10 installed. This version does not support 750GB SATA disks. These disks are listed as 539GB in ACU.

Firmware upgrade boot CD's version 7.90 and 7.91 did not seem to work through amd64 hp proliant server with fibre channel card.

Any help will be appreciated.
TSG CC

success with .bin raw firmware files under novell support!

upgraded msa1500cs from firmware 5.10 to 7.00 with xmodem. SATA 750 GB disks are now recognized by ACU.

All the best.