Disk Enclosures
1753925 Members
8408 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ACU dose not setect 3200 or 221 controllers

Shawn_44

ACU dose not setect 3200 or 221 controllers

When I run the Compaq Array Config Utility it says "Could not detect array controllers in the system". I have tested this with both a 3200 and 221 controllers and I get the same message. The server I am installing this on is a proliant 1850r. At POST it will display the controller starting up but it wont run the ACU.

I have used the erase util and erased everything. Reran the sys config util from scatch. I updated both controller and the system to the newest version and still no luck.

Before erasing it all an array was setup and running. I also ran the diagnostics util and it said there was nothing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Jez Thomas
Occasional Advisor

Re: ACU dose not setect 3200 or 221 controllers

Try the array controller in a different slot. Try a different cable. Run an inspect report and see what it tells you.

Have you plugged the disks into the array controller and not the onboard SCSI interface? (I did see this done once - the guy had a server with an array controller in and had set up the disks as a software RAID using the onboard SCSI!)
Shawn_44

Re: ACU dose not setect 3200 or 221 controllers

Thanks for the help. I have figured out(with a little help from tech support - THANKS). It seems that when I updated both the Array controller and the system it no longer was recognized by the older versions of the ACU. The only way around this is to buy the smartstart v5.5 CD or install windows 2000 on a separate SCSI drive and run the new ACU for windows version. I did the second option, it worked great. I set up the array through Windows and after rebooting I was able to setup Windows 2000 on the newly configured array.