1748284 Members
3562 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ADD disk on MSA 1000

bachtiar achmad

ADD disk on MSA 1000

Hello,

I have some job, add 5 disk on MSA 1000, my customer bought MSA 1000 since 2005.

question:
1. at MSA 1000 can manage raidgroup, create lun and present lun by web...???

2. how to configure raid, present host and create lun by CLI..??
3. if add disk on MSA 1000 need update firmware till lates version..???

thank's advices
5 REPLIES 5
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

1. at MSA 1000 can manage raidgroup, create lun and present lun by web...???

Yes, you have to install the HP Array Configuration Utility

2. how to configure raid, present host and create lun by CLI..??

This is a little harder, it's better if you just use ACU.

3. if add disk on MSA 1000 need update firmware till lates version..???

It's good to keep the firmware current. If the disk is correctly detected, you could stay with your current firmware at your own risk.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
bachtiar achmad

HI Ivan

How to configure by ACU, using cable LAN..and what IP, user default and password default ??

Thank's for u advice,
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

ACU is installed on a fibre-attached server, for example a windows or linux system. The management is inband over fibre-channel. But you can access ACU on the server by web. IP, Logon etc depends on the server configuration. On a standard installed ProLiant with windows ACU is installed by default.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
bachtiar achmad

HI All,

IF want use ACU, I Must prepare one server windows or linux for managing MSA..??

Currently connecting MSA to server HP-UX direct using fiber.

IF not possible using ACU, for the manage MSA I must using CLI, Can inform to me link documentation for manage MSA by CLI...??

Thank's
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

hi, you will need the CLI cable that goes into a port on the front of the controller. Use any terminal emulator to connect (hyperterm, putty etc) at the prompt type "help" the command help is context sensitive and creating RAIDs LUNs and Connections is very straightforward. here is the info to configure for HP UX http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=377751&prodTypeId=12169&objectID=c00236579