1748165 Members
3956 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ASPI Driver for SA 532

Tom Hrkach
Occasional Contributor

ASPI Driver for SA 532

I'm looking for an ASPI driver to use on a Ghost boot disk. I'm trying to get my array imaged for my classroom servers. Know where I can find one?
3 REPLIES 3
Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor

Re: ASPI Driver for SA 532

There is no ASPI support for this controller (or any other 5-series or later).
See http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/7599.html for info.

You might try to start the server with ERD Commander 2002, provide the W2K driver during boot and run Ghost from the GUI.
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!
Tom Hrkach
Occasional Contributor

Gert,
Thanks for your reply. What I'm trying to use now to is a filed called smrtscsi.sys to get access to the RAID array but I get an error message: EISA configuration invalid (or something close to that)when the system reads the config.sys file on my boot disk. Do you know if there's a newer version of this file or a different file that the 532 controller uses to serve this function? I've got a file dated June of 1998 and haven't been able to find another anywhere.

Your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.
ITeam
Super Advisor

Hi - Got same error message from smrtscsi.sys when trying to use SnapBack to image a 4354 array (via a smart array 5304 controller in a DL760-G2). As soon as it tries to load the driver - pop - up comes the config' error message ... And all because ARCServe 7 d/r does not support Win2K with SP3 installed ... Ouch!