1748159 Members
3880 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Add several hardisks into DL380 G4

Windhu

Add several hardisks into DL380 G4

Dear All,

I Have DL380 G4 with 2 units hardisk. The hardisks already set up to RAID1. I will add this server with another 4 units of hardisks.

How I can configure this 4 units become RAID5?
Because I never found the software to configure RAID system. And I must be carrefully about setting this hardisk, because this iserver is my mail server. Could somebody help me?

Thankyou.
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: Add several hardisks into DL380 G4

Hi,

You have a few options. As you cannot find the software to configure the RAID, that suggests that you haven't installed the PSP (Proliant Support Pack) that includes the ACU (Array Configuration Utility).

Therefore you will probably be best configuring the array when the server starts up. Hit F8 when prompted to get in to the SmartArray configuration (ORCA). Then select the Create option, and the four new disks will probably be selected - the orange lights flash on the drives - then just go through the default options to create a RAID-5 array.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
Windhu

Dear Mr Rob,

Actually I have 2 cds: HP SmartStart and Management, which one I should use to configure RAID system?

So can I configure those hardisks (4 units) without erase any datas on previous hardisk?

Because the first 2cds are contain of OS.

Thankyou.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You shouldn't need either.

The SmartArray controllers have the configuration utility built into their ROM. You access this by pressing F8 during the system start up.

Cheers,

Rob
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

rob is coorect,

just reboot the server and watch the screen when it comes up again. It will list the smart array controller just after the first bios screen, with hardware inventory. It will say 1 logical volume found and 4 disks unused press F8 to configure.

once in the raid configuration you will see which disks are already used and 4 that are not. Just make new raid set with the 4 left.

its very easy and self explanatory when you get in there

this will leave your existing raid and os config as it is.

Andy