Disk Enclosures
1752385 Members
5919 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Adding 18G disks to 12H Disk Array - Unsure how to install.

Ian Siegrist

Adding 18G disks to 12H Disk Array - Unsure how to install.

First off, I'm an Oracle DBA not an SA.

I recently received four new 18G disks to install into our 12h disk array. I have no documentation on how to install these disks and I've found nothing on itrc to help. I wondering if someone can lead me or tell me where to acquire the documentation needed. Thanks
DBA on the loose
3 REPLIES 3
Hanniff Tingling
Occasional Advisor

Re: Adding 18G disks to 12H Disk Array - Unsure how to install.

Here is a link with some manuals on the autoRAID 12c that will help.

Provide a feedback if you need anymore help.

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/manindex/hpsurestor19162_eng_man.html
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

To install new harddisks in an AutoRAID 12H, all you need to do is to insert the hard disks and let the array rebuild the data.

You have to insert them ONE BY ONE. The disks will flash and rebuilds the luns with the new disk. This assuming that AutoRebuild and AutoInclude are on. When rebuild completes, insert another disk, and continue like this until all disks are installed.

If you want to replace disks, not install new ones, remove disks ONE by ONE, allow time for rebuild to complete, then insert disks ONE by ONE, allowing rebuiold time.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

The only thing that I will add is that after your download the Owner Guide; use the menus to set Auto Include to 'On' and Auto-Rebuild to 'On'. These are under 'Disk Changes' on the front panel menus.

If you are installing 10K RPM drives, you need to make sure that you have 3 of the hi-speed fan modules. The easy way to tell the hi-speeds from the low-speed modules is by looking at the little fan label on each module.
The low-speed modules have a flat label whiule the high-speed modules have a raised bubble with a little fan on it.

As mentioned, install one drive at a time and let the drive rebuild. This may take hours so be patient. If you are replacing existing drives, remove one drive and then insert one new drive and agin WAIT for the light show to finish before going to the next drive.

If it ain't broke, I can fix that.