Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Information

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Advanced Information

Whenever I'm in ACU and I go to Controller|Advanced Features, I receive an error--"You cannot modify the write cache status of any drive because either there are no drives attached to the controller or none of the drives attached to the controller have a reliable write cache"
There are drives attached to the controller, that I'm sure of. As of the second statement, I'm not sure what that means.
Also I get a 1785 Post error that states Drive Array Not Configured. This is off Compaq Integrated Management Log.

And in NT Event Viewer, I receive this message "Compaq Drive Array Accelerator Status Change. The array accelerator board attached to the array controller in slot 1 has a new status of 2. 2=invalid"

Thanks for any help
1 REPLY
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Advanced Information

Can you please provide me with more information?

Are you using a 3200 array controller? How many drives are connected to this controller? Is any data present on these drives? What type or RAID do you have them configured as?

I would think that since you are able to boot NT, your OS isn't on these drives. Make sure that your drives are configured in a RAID. The 1785 POST error states that the array isn't configured. If you had setup the RAID, then started getting the array accelerator errors, then you may have a bad accelerator (cache) on your array controller. Try running ADU (NT utility on the Smartstart CD). The ADU is the Array Diagnostic Utility. This will test the accelerator.

Have a nice day,