Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate disk link failure

Carlos_8
Advisor

Alternate disk link failure

We have a n-class box connected to a Emc array via fibre cards. I am getting alternate disk link failures on multiple disks. I am new to this particular environment so this question will probably be pretty simple. I need to know how I can check that my path from my server to my EMC box is good. I have heard of the 'inq' function of EMC but need more info on it.
2 REPLIES
Frank Skibbe
Advisor

Re: Alternate disk link failure

You can check if the link is up with the following command."fcmsutil "devicefile""The device file is normally "/dev/fcms "or "/dev/td "follow by a number with the option "stat" you can see the Register alos Error register of the interface.
The manpage of the command held some additonal infos.
Carlos_8
Advisor

Re: Alternate disk link failure

Thanks Frank,

We actually found then problem to be a " sorry " by one of our other buildings. They made some config changes and forgot to disable the links. I will keep the info you gave me because it would help narrow the problem faster in the future. Thanks again!!!!