1748287 Members
3371 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: An really easy question about Secure Manager

Eric Sauve
Occasional Advisor

An really easy question about Secure Manager

Almost a year ago, we purchased a VA7100. At the time we didn't need to install Secure Manager because only 2 A-Class servers were connected to it. Now, I intend to connect a few Wintel boxes to it and because of this I need to install Secure Manager. Now here's the (stupid) question; on which CD will I find Secure Manager? I've looked on most of my HP-UX 11i Application Software CDs and I just can't find the stupid thing, can anyone help with this? TIA...
5 REPLIES 5
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

It's not for free... you need to purchase this software. I guess there will be CD in the envelope :)
Eugeny
Eric Sauve
Occasional Advisor

Our VA 7100 was purchased with Secure Manager, all I had was a document entitled "Software Entitlement Certificate for HP SureStore Storage Software, HP SureStore Secure Manager T1005A 1 TB License" and a registration number, no CD. The document described how to get a license key using various methods (standard mail, email, web-based or fax). I now have an official License Key for Secure Manager and no CD... ;-)
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Good. Then try SUM (software update manager) of ITRC. In worst case - call HP and ask them to send you this software
Eugeny
Seth Parker
Trusted Contributor

Eric,

I was confused about this too. Secure Manager is a licensed feature on the array itself. There's no software. You just go in and enter your license and then enable it.

I couldn't figure out where to license it in the GUI, but it's easy using cvui.

1. Run cvui

2. Select the VA

3. Press 7 for Licensed features

4. Press 1 for Add feature

5. Enter the feature string exactly like it's printed on your license sheet.

6. Enter the license code.

That'll license it. After that, you can use the GUI to enable Secure Manger (you just licensed it, it's not enabled by default), and configure the various permissions.

Good Luck!
Seth
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Initial question was about Secure Manager, not VA security.
Secure Manager is a GUI which allows to manage VA security;
VA security is VA's feature which allows LUN masking. To install licence you can use CV SDM (as Seth said) or use 'armfeature' command line utility
Eugeny