9264 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Any Ideas

Brendan Lynch
Occasional Contributor

Any Ideas

Hi,
We are currently setting up a SAN with Multi Bus Failover mode.
Basically the setup is.
Two locations.
Four HSG 80's (two in each enclosure in each location)
Attached to 6 disk shelves in each location.
2 16port FC switches in each location.
1 Management station
2 management console pcs (1 in each loc)
Basically at the moment we are attaching 2 clusters to the SAN (1 Novell 6 & 1 Win2K)
We set up the clusters fine no problems.
We also intend to have a SAN server in each location booting Windows 2000 Server from a mirrored set of SAN disks. We have set up the first server fine but when it comes to booting up the second server after shutting the first one down,
the server seems to boot ok loads Windows then goes in to the Starting Windows 2000 server screen & locks up about 3/4 of the way through loading. According to the documentation we have looked at, this scenario is possible.
I have tried looking at the BIOS on the two DL380 boxes that will be booting from the SAN & they are identical. Also the BIOS for the two fibre cards in each server are identical, so i'm clutching at straws a bit now, can anyone help?!?!?
2 REPLIES 2
Mark Whitehouse_1
Occasional Advisor

Brendan

Are you sure it's locking up?
We've had a similar problem with W2K in that on occasion it can take an eternity to boot up. We think it's something to do with a Fabric discover. If you leave the server our experience is that it will eventually load and then seems OK for subsequent reloads.
Brendan Lynch
Occasional Contributor

Hi mate,
Thanks for your reply.
I left it loading last night to see what would happen.
After a while we get the blue screen with the following error message;
STOP:c00026c (Unable to load device driver)
\systemroot\system32\drivers\cpqasm2\sys device driver could not be loaded.
Error status was oxc 0000221.

This relates to the ILO board on the DL380G3 but I can't understand why it wouldn't load because of this?
Maybe i'm missing something here?