Disk Enclosures
1752277 Members
4537 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Any updates re: snmp monitoring of EVA 5000?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Lyndon Handy
Frequent Advisor

Any updates re: snmp monitoring of EVA 5000?

I haven't received any responses. In short snmp event notification is not working. This is compounding the original issue above, during an snmp get, we cannot view the HSV event information.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
"tried and true instead of new and improved"
3 REPLIES 3
Lyndon Handy
Frequent Advisor

Re: Any updates re: snmp monitoring of EVA 5000?

Here is my original post to clarify.
Apr 26, 2004 17:22:15 GMT

----------------------------------------
We have just implemented an EVA5000 and have some issues with snmp monitoring:
Specifically there is 1 mib for the EVA5000 HSV110 controller, and 2 for the Management Appliance (cpqsanapp.mib, cpqsanevent.mib, cpqhsv110v3.mib).

According to the mib, HSV110 information is under oid .1.3.6.1.4.1.232.136...
"snmpwalk" to the management appliance fails when trying to obtain *any* information below oid .1.3.6.1.4.1.232.136.. (.1.3.6.1.4.1.232.x works for just SMA info).

The question/issue: How do we actually snmpwalk/get to the EVA HSV110 status information via the SMA? We can only see the SMA status info not the EVA.

Lyndon
Mike Naime
Honored Contributor
Solution

Lyndon:

I think that the short answer is NO, you can't do that. The SMA does in-band fibre-channel monitoring of the EVA. IT is supposed to do this monitoring for you. Not another box. (I know it sucks. Deal with it. I still miss my CLI port)

I would look at the event forwarding on the SMA to see if it will forward what you want.
VMS SAN mechanic
Lyndon Handy
Frequent Advisor

Mike:

I appreciate the response and I believe you are correct. So we have setup event monitoring via email, HP has installed and configured PRS for proactive event notification and we have setup snmp to relay events to HP OpenView NNM.

Side note: We can't get the cpqhsv110v3.mib file to load on NNM so I have a case open with HP to determine why.