1753518 Members
5090 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Array Configuration Utility for Ms-Dos needed

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Array Configuration Utility for Ms-Dos needed

I do not have the Smart Start Cd for the Compaq Proliant 1000 server which is having the Compaq Smart Array Controller. I am unable to find the Array Configuration utility for dos at the web site. Does such a utility come in a floppy ? And can you provide me the link.

Thanks in advance.

wrodrigues
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The original Smart SCSI controller is configured in Setup, not through an Array Configuration Utility (ACU). Do the following to configure it:
* Download the latest System Configuration Utility (SCU) and install it if
you have a SCU partition on your server (if not you run it from floppy).
* Start the configuration utility, choose configure hardware and find the
Smart controller in the list.
You should now be able to configure the Smart controller.
Note:
- This method also works for the IDA and IDA-2 controllers.

RagS!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Thanks , rstorstrom , your help is appreciated
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I cannot configure the drives through the SCU. I have installed the latest version. The card does not initialize due to an error at startup and therefore I get an error in the SCU saying reboot... reboot and there's the error. It is seeing old drives at port 1, SCSI ID 3,5 but there is nothing at those addresses.

I used to have 7 drives on port 2 that I have now moved to only 4 on the inside to port 1.

I ran the erase SP14249 but no effect on the card init error.

There is a command in the SCU to run the array config but I do not have the disks to add to the system partition.

How can I clear the SMART array's config to recognize the new drives at their new positions?