Disk Enclosures
1752694 Members
5624 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Array Controller Driver P410i SLES 10

Justin De Vries

Array Controller Driver P410i SLES 10

I have been trying to install SLES 10 on a BL460c G6 that has a P410i Array Controller. I have download the Driver Diskette for HP ProLiant Smart Array Controller (AMD64EM64T) for SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 10 (AMD/EM64T) Version 3.6.20-20. (I know there is a newer version available, 3.6.20-22, but I can not find a driver diskette image for this version.) I have created the 3.5" floppy disk from the disk image. I then boot the server from the install media, make my installation selections, pressing F5 to allow me to add additional drivers before the install starts. The OS prompts me for the additional drivers and finds updated ones on the floppy that I created. During the initial hardware check at the beginning for the installation process the OS still can not find any disk drives to install the OS on. This is getting to be a very big problem for me. I know that the controller is good because I installed SLES 10 SP2 on the same server and it worked fine. If I could use SLES 10 SP2, I would, but the project I am working on requires SLES 10. Can any one please help me?
1 REPLY 1
Justin De Vries

Re: Array Controller Driver P410i SLES 10

Here is a screen shot of the error that I am receiving.

Thanks in advance for the help.