1752815 Members
5637 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Array accelerator parity read error - Error 1797

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Array accelerator parity read error - Error 1797

I have a Proliant 5500 with 3200 array controller and when we boot the system it pops: Error 1797 - Drive Array - Array accelerator read error occurred
F1 .....
Running the ACU I receive this message: Array accelerator on the Compaq Smart Array 3200 Controller in slot 5 is not functioning properly an unrecoverable ECC error occurred when trying to read data from the array accelerator's memory. Array operations are permanently disabled. 15004

If I run the ACDU I receive this diagnostic:
Array accelerator status:
Permanently disabled
Warranty Alert
Array accelerator parity read errors: 1

What can be done to solve this problem? Any help is appreciated. Do you think this is a faulty array controller that need to be replaced ?

Thanks,

Jose de Melo
1 REPLY 1
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: Array accelerator parity read error - Error 1797

Did this error occur after the firmware flash of the 3200.??? If it did then please follow these instructions: Go into the array configuration utility, highlight each logical drive, select modify, disable array acceleration and save configuration, repeat but re-enabled array accelleration and save configuration again and then reboot. This resolves issues where backrev does not get rid of post error message.
If this is not the case then please call techncial support and have the controller replaced. There is obviuosly a problem with the memory on the 3200.
We are here for a good time, not a long time!