1751911 Members
5131 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Array problems

James Ellis_1
Super Advisor

Array problems

I am running an N-Class 11.0 system. The SureStore E Disk Array failed last Sunday. Actually, Unit_2 failed last Sunday, and now we cannot see any disk drives in the Array. Have worked with HP regarding this problem...an HP Engineer is scheduled to come in 3 days to look it over. Meanwhile...a lifetime of Pizza Hunt is available for those who can tell me how to solve this problem. Just kidding a'bout the pizza, but seriously, what should I look at when the Array failes completely? HP recommend we replace the pc board BackPlane, which we did last night. Still same problem. Switched over the cables to a new one, still same problems. Any suggestions? One last question, where can I get a good HP SureStore Disk Array book or what is the author/ISBN nbr? Maybe a general book on Raid/Array will do? Thanks, Jim
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity" -Einstein
8 REPLIES 8
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

What array are you reffering to exactly? It sounds like one of the XP series to me. Try this link for info on storage:
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/nonjsnav/informatio10165.html

-Bob
----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

This is an XP256 right?

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
Sandip Ghosh
Honored Contributor

Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

My guess is it's probably an FC10 or SC10 racked up with the N-class.

Assuming the power light is lit (green) on the enclosure (They do "hide" that dang power switch) I would suspect the I/F card. Does ioscan report the I/F? Run xstm to check the subsystem.

If no power to array could be the pwr supply in the array or even the PDU feeding it.

Could also be the I/F on the array - try another one.

HTH - Just shooting in the dark.
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Tom Moore
Occasional Advisor

Yo James. What kind of array is it? Surestore E isn't enough to describe it. What's on the front panel?

Cheers,
Tom
Dave Wherry
Esteemed Contributor

I'd be surprised if this is an XP. HP gets a little touchy about popping the covers on one.
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

I agree that it's probably not an XP - I've never heard of one "failing completely". More likely FC60, FC10, SC10, or the like...
No matter where you go, there you are.
Geno Church
Frequent Advisor

Sounds to me like it is a Model 12 or Model 12H array. James, can you help us out here?
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies