Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array "Ready For Recovery" - but doesn't rebuild

broonster
Occasional Contributor

Array "Ready For Recovery" - but doesn't rebuild

Hi There,

I have a Smart Array 5300 with 4 disks in a RAID 5 config. One of the disks failed so I replaced it (hot swap) with a spare. The status on the Config Utility just goes to "Ready for Recovery" and the array doesn't rebuild. I've tried 4 disks now and the same thing happens with all of them.

The replacement disks were all part of old systems and have old RAID data on them but I thought that would just be over-written when I hot swapped them in.

ACU report attached.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Re: Array "Ready For Recovery" - but doesn't rebuild

Did you try to rescan the bus using ACU?  You can click "Rescan" within the utility (though starting ACU should perform this automatically).

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
broonster
Occasional Contributor

Yup. Re-scanned several times.

drpixel
Respected Contributor

Hello,

Can you check how many read error do you have on your drives which are part of the array.

Regards,

Christophe