Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign LUN

sergio_57
Occasional Contributor

Assign LUN

i have a msa2012i iSCSI connect a Windows cluster 2008 (with name HYPERV) with 3 node's, i have configuring a two vdisk on msa2012i (storage0 and storage1). I assign the first volume on vdisk storage0 to LUN 0 on the HYPERV,the second volume to LUN 1 , and so on until 9. Now i have assign to first volume on storage1 to LUN 0 to HYPERV, the second to LUN 1 , and so on.
It's correct ?? or should i assign LUN 10, LUN 11 and so...?
thank
6 REPLIES
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Assign LUN

Better way is start the LUN from 1, 2, 3 , 4, and so on..
sergio_57
Occasional Contributor

so, i assign 1,2,3... for first vdisk created and the next after last for a new vdisk ??
or i assign 1,2,3 to each new vdisk created ??
thank
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

The same LUN number can be maintained for all the hosts. Suppose 3 LUNs preseting to 3 node hyper-v cluste.. volume1 to LUN1 for all 3 hosts, volume2 to LUN2 and volume3 to LUN3 for all hosts.
sergio_57
Occasional Contributor

ok, i have:
vdisk1 with volume1 mapping to hyperv1,hyperv2,hyperv3 with LUN1
vdisk1 with volume2 mapping to hyperv1,hyperv2,hyperv3 with LUN2
vdisk1 with volume3 mapping to hyperv1,hyperv2,hyperv3 with LUN3
but i have also...
vdisk2 with volume1 and i mapping to hyperv1,hyperv2,hyperv3 with LUN.. (LUN 1 or LUN 4) ??
vdisk2 with volume2 and i mapping to hyperv1,hyperv2,hyperv3 with LUN.. (LUN 2 or LUN 5) ??

thank

Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

ok, i have:
vdisk1 with volume1 mapping to hyperv1,hyperv2,hyperv3 with LUN1
vdisk1 with volume2 mapping to hyperv1,hyperv2,hyperv3 with LUN2
vdisk1 with volume3 mapping to hyperv1,hyperv2,hyperv3 with LUN3
but i have also...

vdisk2 with volume1 and i mapping to hyperv1,hyperv2,hyperv3 with LUN.. (LUN 1 or LUN 4) ?? **** LUN4 ********
vdisk2 with volume2 and i mapping to hyperv1,hyperv2,hyperv3 with LUN.. (LUN 2 or LUN 5) ?? **** LUN 5 *********

and so on...

sergio_57
Occasional Contributor

ok this for first cluster with node hyperv1,hyperv2,hyperv3.
For a second cluster with node1,node2,node3 , for use a new volume on the same vdisk1 i have to map , for example , new volume 4 to LUN 1 , volume 5 to LUN 2 .....
it 's correct ???

thank you