108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Auto Path on Windows 2000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nimesh
Frequent Advisor

Auto Path on Windows 2000

Can any one please help in following scenario.

We have two LT6000 with two D8602B fiber HBA running windows 2000 SP1 in Cluster environment.

When we install autopath (version 1.02), we see two HBAs but not the XP storage devices, through autpath GUI.

Thanks,
Nimesh
8 REPLIES 8
Iain F. Brown
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: Auto Path on Windows 2000

The HBA driver version needs to be 3.0.4107.0
to support Auto Path and W2k
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

Have you tried the Emulex cards? They seem to work well in that configuration.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Nimesh
Frequent Advisor

Thank you Folks.

Where can I get HBA driver version 3.0.4107.0 ?

Nimesh
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

nimesh,

I was just told that AutoPath is not supported in cluster environs. The latest driver is available at: http://www.hp.com/cposupport/servers/software/fchba8602drvw2k.exe.html
Nimesh
Frequent Advisor

Hi Vincent,

I thought following statement is correct.

"Under Windows 2000 cluster environment, HP AutoPath XP for Windows 2000 provides automatic input/output (I/O) path failover ONLY. Currently load balancing is NOT supported"

Could you please provide more input, about it does support path failover but NOT load balancing ???

Thank you,
Nimesh

Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

MS Clustering expects disks to look a certain way... I can see how it would work without the load balancing, but not with it. From that quote you posted, I'd say that they say it works if you configure AutoPath without any load balancing.

As I posted earlier, I'm told that you can't use it at all. I haven't tried it myself.

I have had problems getting it to work with the D8602B cards and Win2K. Actually, I couldn't get the D8602B cards to work where there were two cards in the same Win2K server - I never got as far as installing AutoPath in that environment.

Good luck
Nimesh
Frequent Advisor

Hi Vincent,

We also had similar problem, but once we upgraded the HBA driver version to 3.0.4107.0 every thing started working OK.

Nimesh
Storage NL

The D602B is supported wit w2k and autopath 1.3 We installed it and it works fine for path failure. However loadbalincing does not work in a cluster environment.