4657 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

AutoRAID 12H and system warning

Navid HUSSAIN_2
Frequent Advisor

AutoRAID 12H and system warning

Hi,

I have N Class server having HPUX 11.00 and external storage AutoRAID 12H with Firmware HP62 and disk firmware HP05 (latest).

During data restoration process through external DDS3 tape, system got hung and we have no option except reboot.

Since then one of the array is displaying error message - SYSTEM WARNING and DATA WARNING.. According to this error- one of the disk module is bad.

Actually, I have seen arraydsp -s , all disks are included and there is no error in disk logs as well.

I am getting regular message on console - disk c4t0d0 and it alt link c7t1d0 is missing - Data Unavailable -

Then we reseated that disk so that rebuild process will start and disk will get recognize. But rebuild process failed

Even I have tried to rebuild manuualy but in vain.

Customer has checked database etc. everything is fine.. But he does not want to see this message.

How can I get rid of this situation.. Can I avoid to delete that LUN and create again & restore data

Your participation on this highly appreciated.

Thanks / NAVID

Teamwork
7 REPLIES 7
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

Re: AutoRAID 12H and system warning

Navid,

Can you attach the output of your arraysdp -s command?
Also, What disks do you see physically in the system?

Check the front panel of the 12H by pressing menu, then moving down to the View Settings dialogue, and post those as well.

Also, when the 12H says warning state, you can find out why by simply pressing + or - to view all of the warnings.

Josh
What are the chances...
Sijesh
Advisor

Hi Navid,

Try to match with the LUN information in the array and the LVM configration(assuming you are using LVM).
For removing this messages, juct reduce/remove that particular vg to remove this LUN.

Itwill be good idea to look in to the OLDsyslog.log for finding what wrong during data restoration. (Hope the serevr is not rebooted after that).

Sijesh
Navid HUSSAIN_2
Frequent Advisor

Hi all,

As I had mentioned that warning message from front panel - SYSTEM WARNING and when we off course view from view setting - DATA WARNING..

I have checked that arraydsp -s output that all disks are included and in the last it display warning

- Data Unavailable
- Missing disk
- Rebuild failed

Here I would like to add more info as when I try to see from ODE in the beginning complete array was unavailable. When I have reseated Y controller then it gets recognized.

But warning remains same..

Pls. advise workable solution if some one has similar problem.

Thanks / NAVID
Teamwork
Charlie_17
Advisor

Hi Navid,

can you please prove an output of arraydsp -a ? This would help a lot, then we could see directly what we are talking about.

In case you do not trust that output, you can execute a logprint -a > lp.txt and get that output analyzed by hp support.

Regards,
CD
Time flies like an arrow -- fruit flies like a banana
Charlie_17
Advisor

Hi Navid,

can you please provide an output of arraydsp -a ? This would help a lot, then we could see directly what we are talking about.

In case you do not trust that output, you can execute a logprint -a > lp.txt and get that output analyzed by hp support.

Regards,
CD
Time flies like an arrow -- fruit flies like a banana
Sys admin_4
Occasional Contributor

Hi Navid,

i have the same problem you had some time ago with an array 12H,
How you solved this problem ?

Thanks in advance,
Marco Cozzi.
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

I guess the cause of the issue could be interrupted rebuild operation at the first place.

Can you post following
#arraylog -u
#arraylog -e
#arraylog -d ( use the slot from which you reseated the disk)
#logprint ( for all records )
#arraydsp -a
#arraydsp -l ( lun for which you getting errors on console, c4t0d0 c7t1d0 )

What you see in the LVM configuration where those LUNs are used?

Do you see any disk in the "Missing List" in AutoRAID Manager GUI?