4140 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Autoraid model

Paul Thomson_2
Super Advisor

Autoraid model

Hi

I have been asked to audit all of the storage mediums in my company and have reached the stage of the autoraids. I need to know which are 12 and 12H. My problem is most of them are spread globally in many different countries. Is there any way to tell the difference ? I have been looking at the man pages of arraydsp and arraycfg. Does anyone know a quick way, or can I tell from the product number. For instance what version / model is a C3586A product ?

Thanks

Paul
Argh ye land lovers !
5 REPLIES 5
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Paul,
C3586A is a controller for autoraid 12. C5447A is controller for 12h
Eugeny
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

I believe the C3586A is the 12H... at least the docs I've been able to find indicate that. The model 12 and 12H disk arrays pre-date my joining HP...
No matter where you go, there you are.
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

I defer to Eugeny...
No matter where you go, there you are.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

I wrote what controllers are reporting in arraydsp output. Whole chassis product numbers (sticked on the autoraid chassis) are A3515A/A3516A for 12 and A3700A for 12h
Eugeny
Brian M Rawlings
Honored Contributor

Paul: the model 12 array (original) was only 10U in a rack, and only holds 1" drives (2GB and the "way big" 4GB drives).

The model 12H (High capacity) array that replaced the model 12 is 13U in a rack, and the individual bays are taller, so that the hot-swap drive sleeves can be 1.6" tall. The drives inside the sleeves varied, as 1.6" 9GB drives became 1" 9GB drives, with 18GB 1.6" drives... and so on, up to 36GB drives which were the largest used in the 12H.

So, the 12H is just physically bigger by 3U... hopefully this makes it easy for you to tell at a glance which are which.

One rack "space unit", or "U", is 1.75" tall, if you didn't know.

Regards, --bmr
We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately. (Benjamin Franklin)