108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

BCV like functions on VA7100

SOLVED
Go to solution
Lacrosse
Regular Advisor

BCV like functions on VA7100

I was under the impression I could do complete copies of my data and split them off like a BCV acts on a EMC SYM by using business copy on a VA7100 or VA7410 is this not the case??? or is it using pointers like in a snapshot type function. If not is there any way to do this???
Thanks for the help
3 REPLIES 3
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: BCV like functions on VA7100

You can do BCV on the VA, but it requires extra software.

Have a look here:
http://www.hp.com/products1/storage/products/disk_arrays/modular/business/overview/index.html
Sunil Sharma_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,
it's called business copy.
this is a product you have to purchase alongwith Storage to use BCV like function.
you can call it Time Finder for VA storage.

Sunil
*** Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today ***
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

1. this is a case. You create BC LUN, and then can copy data from parent LUN or update parent LUN data with BC data. This is managed through Business Copy VA software, and you will need licence for VA for needed data size;
2. it does not matter how it works - it represents BC LUN as a copy of parent LUN at the time of creation/data copy. Remember: BC LUN should NOT be used as a backup copy of original data. The primary goal is to create BC LUN and backup data off it;
3. to do it obtain BC VA software and licence(s) for your VA. Please contact HP sales representative
Eugeny