Disk Enclosures
1752625 Members
4599 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Background Parity Initializing/Queued new disk flashing fault LED

yoyong

Background Parity Initializing/Queued new disk flashing fault LED

Hi need help, i am quite perplexed of how the rebuild for the HP proliant DL380 should go about. Normally we just replace the faulty disk with a new one and the rebuild will take over (indicated by flashing green on activity and Online (middle disk) LED on the new disk. However, twice within a week it has happened to me that somehow after this process I see that the fault LED is blinking on the new disk and one of the other disk on the RAID 5 set which was previously online (middle light) will have the middle light off. Only the arrow(activity light will be flashing) the rest of the disk on the RAID 5 set will be norma. Checking the ACU it will only say that Background Parity Initializing/Queued... is this normal? Event viewer already indicated that the logical volume is ok but somehow the red faulty light on the new disk will be flashing to together with a steady green online LED
1 REPLY 1
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: Background Parity Initializing/Queued new disk flashing fault LED

> Checking the ACU it will only say that Background Parity Initializing/Queued

What does ACU say about the new disk? Is it good or failed?

Is the raid5 array very busy? The rebuild of the new disk will not start if the array is very busy. Change the rebuild priority of the raid5 group.