Disk Enclosures
1752749 Members
4765 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Background Parity Initializing/Queued

Background Parity Initializing/Queued

I`m on a HP proliant with a "Smart Array 6i Controller"(no cluster) with one logic drive and 3 disks on a "RAID 5" After we got a message about one drive needed to be swapped we replaced it with a new drive and after the rebuild finnish we get Status message 785:

Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on logical drive 1 ( RAID 5 in array A). If background parity initialization is queued, it will start when I/O is performed on the drive. When background parity initialization completes, the performance of the logical drive will improve.

And i think that message has been there a couple of days how do we solve this?
22 REPLIES 22
Aks2
Valued Contributor

Hi,
Please run the adu report and attach the report so that we can get more information regarding the issue.

Cheers
Akarsh

Heres the report!
Jarv_1

Hi,

I just recieved the same error after a rebuild of the arrray on a ML 370 with and online spare. It is a Samrt array 642 Controller.

Any solutions???
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi viktor

what is the server model? and OS?

so try applying the latest firmware CD for your server?

also I recommend you to have the more recent Array diagnostic utility (now you have 7.4)

the idea is to get a more accurate error report.

can you get into your OS?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Sasha Knezevic

Hello All

I'm having the same problem on one of our old servers.

It is a ProLiant ML350 G3.

Server works. I'm able to log in and make changes. I believe I can notice it operating a little sluggish.

Any ideas?
Brian Wright_1
Frequent Advisor

I am having the same issue on an ML370 G1, it's been there for weeks, I've copied huge files to/from, ran diskeeper, and the problem still isn't going away.
Be Patient, I'm reloading.
Michael Schepers

I am having the same issue with a Compaq ML370 G1. I have updated to the latest available drivers. After a very long time (about 2 weeks) this message finally went away on its own, but now that I have expanded the RAID volume I have been trying to use various partitioning tools (Acronis, Gpart, etc.) to let the operating system (Windows 2003) see the increased space. None of these tools will see this expanded partition. However, it is working within Windows at its original capacity.

Even more interesting, I have 2 RAID arrays on this same controller (C is RAID-1 and D is RAID5) and all the tools can see the C drive, but none can see the D drive.

I am not absolutely sure if these problems are related or not. Any one else seeing similar issues?

Thanks,
Mike
Brian Wright_1
Frequent Advisor

Mine is identical Raid configuration, I have not tried to extend the 2nd Array, because there is no need, But I've never had a problem extending an array, and using diskpart to make windows use the avalaible space.
Be Patient, I'm reloading.
Srdjan_2
Advisor

I am having same problem at DL380. After expanding RAID5 with 3 disks to RAID5 with 5 disks message appeared and stayed for allmost two months! I have latest ACU. Does anyone knows solution?

tnx
Srdjan