Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Slot on Array

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Bad Slot on Array

1 hard drive went critical on slot 3... I replaced it, it stayed critical, I put both of them in other slots and turned out they were both ok. The slot is bad, and it was in a RAID5 configuration. The software will not allow me to change any settings on the array till I replace the "bad or missing disk" in slot 3. But I cant, so how do I tell the array that I have another slow I would like to use for the 4th disk? I am using a 4200 with 4 36.4G drives. Using 80% of the array all ready with critical data. Please help! I don't want a hard drive go bad, or another slot to die while I am running without parity... thanks for any help
1 REPLY
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Bad Slot on Array

Why not replace the controller?