5077 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Basic Administration of XP disk arrays

Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Basic Administration of XP disk arrays

Hi Folks:

What HP-UX commands or utilities are available for evaluation of XP128, XP256 or XP512 disk arrays?

For example, arraydsp on autoraid.
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
4 REPLIES 4
Insu Kim
Honored Contributor

Re: Basic Administration of XP disk arrays

One of the commands available would be "xpinfo".
xpinfo does not come with HP-UX.
Ask HP support personel for it.

Never say "no" first.
UX LX Support
Occasional Advisor

There are some commands for controlling the mirroring with raidmgr an addon for XP's.
pairdisplay
pairsplit
paircreate
pairresyn
raidscan
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

None of the host software is "avalable for evaluation", per se.

If you don't have an XP already, none of the available software will work anyway.

If you have an XP, talk to your sales rep - they should be able to put you in touch with your assigned Storage Solutions Architect (which is what I am) - your SSA can provide you with evaluation copies of everything. There isn't much for HP-UX that doesn't come with the array, though.

For example, you should already have XPINFO - it should be on the CDROM that came with the array... and as someone mentioned in a previous reply, is readily available from the Stress Free Central. Other than that, there's RAID Manager, which is used to manipilate Business Copy and Continuous Access from a host - but it will not work unless you have these features installed on your array. A copy of RAID Manager comes with either a BC or CA license.

If you would like to eval BC or CA (or any other XP software), your SSA can provide a copy with a time-limited license (eval license), free of charge. If I remember correctly, they're good for 90 days. I believe the only requirement is that the XP be under warranty or maintenance.

All other "software" for array administration is in Command View, which is also available for eval. Command View includes a CLI (Command-Line Interface) for HP-UX and other platforms.

I hope this helps!

Good luck!
No matter where you go, there you are.
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law