Disk Enclosures
1748264 Members
3954 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Business copy failed when trying to launch the script to suspend the host application

Hui Ping
Occasional Contributor

Business copy failed when trying to launch the script to suspend the host application

Good day.
I really hope some experts can help on this issue.

My scheduled business copy job failed when trying to launch the pre.dat script located in host agent. It has successfully suspended the database, but it showed error "task launch failed" in RSM. Then the database is suspended. I have to manually execute the post.dat script to unfreeze the database.

I have no idea why it happened. The business copy sometimes works fine without giving me problem, but sometimes it just failed. And the next morning, when user called saying that they cannot login then only we realised the business copy failed again.

I have attached the screen captured in RSM for your reference.

Hui Ping
5 REPLIES 5
tkc
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Business copy failed when trying to launch the script to suspend the host application

hi hui ping,

try download the manual :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01080849/c01080849.pdf

refer page 45 for troubleshooting.
Hui Ping
Occasional Contributor

Re: Business copy failed when trying to launch the script to suspend the host application

Hi TKC,

Thanks for your reply.
But i have read thru the user guide, it didnt provide any solution for my issue. Do you have any idea how to check the details logs of RSM? Because i could only see "Task launch failed" with no details. The weird thing is, the database actually suspended, to me it seems like the pre.bat worked, just it cannot create the snapshot, and of coz no unfreeze to database also.
tkc
Esteemed Contributor

On the hp-ux, the log files are :

/core files
/hprsmha.cfg
/var/adm/syslog/syslog.log
/var/adm/syslog/OLDsyslog.log
/etc/shutdownlog

Server event log
================
The server event log contains system-generated messages resulting from:

- User-initiated actions (for example, suspend DR group)
- Replication-related or array incidents (for example, retrieved data for array)
- Jobs (for example, job complete)

You can use the CLUI capture commands to gather server events logs.

Server trace log
================
The server trace log contains all events and is intended for HP personnel. Events that are useful to the user are transferred to the event log and displayed in the event pane. You can view the trace log in the replication manager's Configuration window.

Hostagent trace log
===================
The hostagent trace log contains all events generated on the host agent and is intended for HP personnel. The host agent trace log is located in the directory rsm_host_agent_install_directory\
RSMHostSW\RSMHA\logs.
Hui Ping
Occasional Contributor

Hi tkc,

Thanks. I managed to find the RSM host agent log file. But i dont understand it at all. But i compared the logs (failed and success), the contents is different, but i dont know how to interpret it.

Is there anything i need to take note before executing business copy? I noticed that if i executing business copy during backup running, it will fail. what other condition will cause the business copy failed?

Hui Ping
tkc
Esteemed Contributor

sorry, i am not really good in looking at those logs. maybe hp support personnel would be best to assist you with the logs that you have.