6064 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

CA two XPs origin - one destination

R.O.
Esteemed Contributor

CA two XPs origin - one destination

Hello,

I am pretty sure that this is not possible, but I want to have your confirmation to this question. We have a Continuous Access established between two XPs. I have horcm2.conf in a host with the disks belonging to a VG and horcm3.conf with the destination disks in another host. In each horcmX.conf there are a command device to communicate with each XP.
BUT, they have just added to the VG being replicated a disk belonging to a different XP than the origin XP for the CA. So this VG have disks belonging to a XP (the ones being replicated through CA without problem) and a disk belonging to a different XP.
** This disk can't be put into the horcm2.conf, because there is no way to specify a 2nd command device from a different XP, can it? **
I think they have to replace in the VG (with pvmove, for instance) the new disk for a one from the same XP that the rest of the disks of that VG.
Am I right or there is a way to have replicated with CA a VG with disks from two different XPs?

Regards,
"When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you"
1 REPLY 1
R.O.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: CA two XPs origin - one destination

"This HP-UX example shows multiple disk arrays connected to the host. One instance can control
multiple disk arrays. To enable this feature, the different command devices must be specified on different lines. XP RAID Manager uses unit IDs to control multiple disk arrays. A device group can span multiple disk arrays (XP Continuous Access Synchronous Software only). The unit ID must be appended for every volume device name in the HORCM_DEV section"

From "HP StorageWorks XP RAID Manager Users Guide-c01955367.pdf"
"When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you"