108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CMD View licenses ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
DThomson_1
Advisor

CMD View licenses ?

We have received an EVA5000 to add to our existing two EVA3000 SAN.

Do i require a license of any kind to add the new 5000 to the current admin server to be able to configure it ?

Much Obliged
Dave
9 REPLIES 9
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Each EVA needs it's own licenses, as the licenses are issued for a specific WWN.
DThomson_1
Advisor

Hi vcespon

Im assuming the license's are all in place as the unit was in production till last week.

I do not want to use the management server they have provided to us as i want to use the current management server we have in place.

Can i transfer the license from one server to another ?

Thanks
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

The licenses are stored on the EVA, the fact that you change the management server does not matter. You can format and reinstall the management server and nothing will be lost.

The only thing to care about is that Command View 7, 8 and 9 use a new format for the licenses and if you're going to switch from and older Command View version to version 7, 8 or 9, you need the licenses generated on the new format.
DThomson_1
Advisor

The two EVA3000's are no longer on support with HP. Will they still assist me with acquiring a new format or the license.

How do i determine the current version of command view, i cant seem to find it.

Thanks
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

For Command View version, select Help on top-right. You'll see a new Window with "Command View X.XX help". Or on the login page, below, the version is displayed.

DThomson_1
Advisor

Thanks for your help. I have the following version:

HP StorageWorks Command View EVA Software

Version 4.1
Build 20

If i upgrade to version 8.02 i need the new license format. Do i contact HP directly ?

Is the version of CMD view also dependent on the software version on the HSV controllers ?

My Controllers are Type:

HSV100
Version: 3028
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

4.1 is a pretty old version. You should update the firmware on the EVA to the currently supported version (3.110), and Command View to 6.02.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software7/COL16255/co-43020-1/T3724-10009.iso

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software8/COL17042/co-46715-1/T3724-10502CVEVA_6_0_2.zip

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software8/COL19159/co-49829-1/EVA_GL_CONTROLLER_FIRMWARE_v3110.zip

Going up to 7.x, 8.x or 9.x will need new licenses.
DThomson_1
Advisor

Thanks.

Im busy downloading.

Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dave, a couple of points that may not be relavent by now but, after changing command view versions you then do a controller code update all is ok. If you don't do this then the command view you are using may not have the parse file for the code on the new EVA so error messages will not display properly.