108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CV EVA v4 shows wrong size for FATA drive Disk group

SOLVED
Go to solution
otukile
Frequent Advisor

CV EVA v4 shows wrong size for FATA drive Disk group

I have Win2K3 management server with CV EVA v4 and an EVA with FATA and FCAL drives which form the two respective disk groups.

When I show the available space for the FCAL drives DG, the size estimates for the various RAIDS is OK. But for the FATA, it just shows one size for all of them. We have tried to recreate both DGs from scratch and we still get the same results.

Anybody came across this strange things with respect to FATA drives?
Don't panic
5 REPLIES 5
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Can you post a screen shot?
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Chris Callihan_1
Frequent Advisor
Solution

is the size 2047.99 ?? that is the largest LUN size that can be created. all LUNs will be that size until you have less than the 2TB available space in the disk group.
otukile
Frequent Advisor

I made a call to HP and they confirmed that if your total disk group space is more than 2TB, the size will always be shown as 2074T. Which is maximu size of the vdisk that can be created in a disk group. You can still create other vdisk until you have exhauseted the space in the disk group. Thanks all for the help.

I will close the thread now
Don't panic
otukile
Frequent Advisor

I made a call to HP and they confirmed that if your total disk group space is more than 2TB, the size will always be shown as 2074G. Which is maximu size of the vdisk that can be created in a disk group. You can still create other vdisk until you have exhauseted the space in the disk group. Thanks all for the help.

I will close the thread now
Don't panic
otukile
Frequent Advisor

maximum size for vdisk is 2TB. CV EVA will only show the maximum size that can be created under the disk group. But you can still create more vdisks of the 2T until you have exhausted space under the volume group.

Thanks guys,
Otukile
Don't panic