New Discussion юеВ

Re: CVSDM 1.07 arm commands password

SOLVED
Go to solution
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

CVSDM 1.07 arm commands password

Hi,

I have installed Command View SDM 1.07 on one of the Windows boxes. GUI is just working fine with the default username and password. But when I use the arm commands it throws an error message as follows,

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>armdiscover
This could take several minutes ...
HP 18.2G-ST318452LC \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0 3EV00PLD hero102my.com
HP-A6189A \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE5 00SG10900421 hero102my.com siva1
HP-A6218A \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1 00SGR0005086 hero102my.com siva2

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>armdsp -s siva1

Login failed, you are not authorized to access this system.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>

Is there any switch/parameter using which we can specify the username/password in the command line?

Pl. help.

Thanks,
Karthik S S
For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn
3 REPLIES 3
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

Karthik,

the -p option specifies password on many of the arm commands (IE '-p AUTORAID' if the password is AUTORAID [the default])

Do you have commandview setup on any other systems on site?

I went through a long support session with HP on a VA7410 with commandview 1.07 when I tried to set up CV on both partitions of an rp7410 to manage the array, and they walked me through some steps, but in the end the engineer said that I shouldn't try to manage the array from two different servers, as the event logs may get sent to either one at random.

Josh
What are the chances...
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Joshua,

Thanks for the Info. But the command still doesn't work with the -p option. I believe -p is used to specify FRU location.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>armdsp -s siva1 -p administrator

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>armdsp -s siva1 -p AUTORAID

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>

Also CVSDM is installed on one of the HP-UX box as well. But since these are test arrays I dont bother about the events being redirected randomly to either of these boxes.

-Karthik S S
For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn
Naveej.K.A
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Karthik,

In a command View installed on a HP9000 box, i do have a file called /opt/sanmgr/commandview/server/config/PanConfigParams.txt

and got something like SECURITY_ENABLED=false means you needn't supply the password.

Had to restart the diald daemon in HPUX for this to take effect. I think something definitely corelates in NT/2000 too.

with best wishes
Naveej
practice makes a man perfect!!!