Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabling P411 to D2700

SOLVED
Go to solution
Allen Huang_1
Frequent Advisor

Cabling P411 to D2700

I was going to hook up two SAS cables from the P411 controller to I/O module A and B on the D2700 SAS Array. There was this note in the packaging from HP saying not to connect up to the I/O module B since we have a P411 6Gb SAS controller so I only hooked up one SAS connection. That's confusing since we have two ports on the P411 and two ports per I/O Modules on the D2700. I've never connected up one of these before. What's required (multipath I/O driver plus whatever else) to hook this up so we have redundant channels?
What's the best practices for wiring a P411 to D2700?
5 REPLIES
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Cabling P411 to D2700

Allen Huang_1
Frequent Advisor

Thank you for the documentation. It helped.
André007

Thanks, but do this mean you cannot use the 2nd controller as a redundancy path if I'm using a P411 card?

bigal2946k
Occasional Visitor

Similarly, I want to connect 2 cables from my P411 to my D2600.  I've been advised that this is supported only if I have Smart Array Advanced Pack, an add-on license.  You also must have dual-port SAS drives in the D2000 enclosure.  I found HP offers a 60 day eval license for Advanced Pack and deployed that.  On HP-UX that is done using this command:

sautil <device_file> license_add_key <license key string>

So far I have not found any specifics on doing the actual array config for dual paths, though.  If anyone has that (using saconfig on HP-UX) please advise!

I was told one path will be active and the other passive, so there's no load balancing, just provides a failover path if one port or cable fails.

I was hoping to do this using 2 separate P411s and have tolerance for a complete P411 failure, but that's not supported on the P411s.

Server-Support
Super Advisor

Hi All,

Is there any limitation of how many StorageWorks D2600 and D2700 enclosure that I can daisy chained with P411 SAS Storage Controller ?

Any documentation would be greatly appreciated.