108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can I attach MSA70 to DL380 G4

SOLVED
Go to solution
Yayat
Frequent Advisor

Can I attach MSA70 to DL380 G4

As described in MSA70 compatibility server list no DL380 G4 listed there. But what is the reason ? is it true that it would not work to attach MSA70 to DL380 G4?

I think I can use SA P600 as raid controller that fit PCI-X 64 bit on DL380 G4 using SAS 4x to Mini SAS 4x cable to connect it.

Somebody who has experience with this please help to make it clear. Thank you very much.

Best regard,

Yayat
6 REPLIES 6
Johnny von Heimerall
Frequent Advisor

Re: Can I attach MSA70 to DL380 G4

Hi Yayat,

At a quick glance, i cannot think of any reason it would not work.

Best regards,
Johnny
Yayat
Frequent Advisor

Thank you for the respon. Anyway someone in another post in this forum said that he was successfully run his MSA70 on ML350 G4 (I think it is good comparison for DL380 G4). Then I confirmed to him by the forum and he replied that everything run well on his configuration. Hope this help anybody else.

Thanks.

Yayat
Wickedsunny
Valued Contributor

I have had that configured for a customer on DL Sever running ESX 3.5 and it works like charm. The LUNS are to be made using ORCA or Offline ACU from the smart start CD and the LUNS are recognized just fine.

Cheers,
Sunny
Yayat
Frequent Advisor

Hi Sunny,

What type and generation of DL server you mentioned ? Thank you.

Regard,

Yayat
Wickedsunny
Valued Contributor
Solution

Have tried the following...

DL380 G4
DL360 G5

Regards,
Sunny
Yayat
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Sunny,
So your config was exactly the same as I mentioned in my case, Right ? If so it make me confidence to make purchase about this plan. Thank you very much.

Best regard,

Yayat