Disk Enclosures
1752808 Members
6137 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can not detect NIKE Diskarray Storage Model 20/30 with K370 server on HPUX 10.20

SOLVED
Go to solution
taics
Advisor

Can not detect NIKE Diskarray Storage Model 20/30 with K370 server on HPUX 10.20

Hi,

I have a NIKE diskarray storage model 20/30 with K370 server on HPUX 10.20. The storage can not be detected after I disconnect the SCSI cable while Binding the LUN.

I have tried very hard and finally the storage can be detected again as a driver require message appear on SAM and require to install that driver and make a new kenel. The storage finally detected and I succeffully bind a new LUN.

AGAIN, I disconnect the SCSI cables and pull out all the hardisks from storage. The storage can not be detected anymore after I connect back the SCSI cables and installed all the hardisks ( All hardisks installed which did not follow the previous sequence )

I have tried very hard BUT driver require message did not appear on SAM again and I did not remember the driver NAME.

1. Does anybody know what driver require for the storage detect by K370 server ? I have tried make new kenel with installed all driver show on SAM, but still can not detect it.

2. should I unbind the LUN which previous bind via direct access to storage ?

3. should I format and install the HPUX 10.20 again ?

Thanks and have a nice day!!!

Best Regards
taics

3 REPLIES 3
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: Can not detect NIKE Diskarray Storage Model 20/30 with K370 server on HPUX 10.20

You should not use sam to manage your disk devices. sam hides everything from you and makes it very difficult to do any troubleshooting. You should run "ioscan -fn" everytime you (re)connect any disk devices.

As for the disk arrays which one is it? The model20 is scsi based and the model30 is fiber based. You should have the "sdisk: and "disc3" drivers installed at a minimum. Additional drivers are required if you have a fiber based model30.
taics
Advisor

can driver sdisk and disc3 install from SAM at DRIVER AND PARAMETER ? If yes, I had tried install all drivers, but the storage still can not be detected.

I have forgotten the model 20 or 30. But it used SCSI cables connect to server and it should be Model 20.

The storage can be detected before after installing the driver appear from SAM, but I do not remember the driver name.

The driver must be installed in order to detect the storage ?

Thanks for your help

TTr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Some comments...
1. When you connect the array with the scsi cable you have to run "ioscan -fn" and "insf -e" and look for any new devices in the ioscan listing.
2. Everytime you create a new LUN on the array you must run "ioscan -fn" (and insf -e) again to be able to see the new disk devices for the new LUN.
3. You only need to install the disk drivers ONCE.
4. Look in the file /stand/system to see which drivers are installed in the kernel.