1748279 Members
4267 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot run ACU

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Cannot run ACU

We have a proliant 1600R with storage system F1 RAID storage attached. We want to expand the array from 4 live + 1 spare by adding 2 more live 18.2Gb drives.

This site suggests that ACU for NT will allow us to do this easily, however we cannot get the ACU for NT to run.

Initially the error reported was that a more recent version of ACU was used to configure the array in the first place, so we upgraded ACU to latest version.

Latest version and Previous 2 versions from this site report NO CONTROLLER FOUND. (information on site suggests that the 2DH controller is not supported - can you confirm?)

How do we progress??
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

the 2DH,2/e,2sl are now end of life, get hold of a copy of smart start and install the ACU from that. you get smart start with a new server or you can start a subscription, well worth it.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I had a similar problem with the smart-2 controller, wouldn't allow me to add more physical drives to the existing logical unit inside NT. Compaq techsupport told me expansion couldn't be done, only adding more new logical units, but here's what worked: Shutdown, install the new drives to the storage system, reboot to Bios (f10) and go into the array config utility (this program resides on the hidden setup partition, if it is not available use your Smartstart CD), you should now be able to add the drives to the existing logical unit you want it on. Reboot to NT. The RAID5 data should be being distributed accross the new disks, the drive access lights should be pretty active now. (it can take a while, longer if the server is online and in active use, which is ok). If you want to run the ACU do it from the smartstart CD (the executable version is buried somewhere in there) that came with the server or Smart-2 controller.