108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Command View EVA 6.0 Release Notes

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andre Stewart
Frequent Advisor

Command View EVA 6.0 Release Notes

I need to upgrade from Command View 4.1 to as high as I can get on a San Management Appliance III. My storage arrays are EVA 4000s

I have all the software (downloaded it from the ITRC SUM), but I need to do this in steps. Because my XCS software is 5.030, I know I need to step to 5.1 and then to 6.110.

To do that, I'm going to first upgrade to Command View 6.0 and install the 5.1 and then 6.11 XCS firmware.

Before I upgraded Command View 6.0, I wanted to read the Release Notes to refine my upgrade process and insure I don't make any mistakes.

I have not been able to find them anywhere at hp.com or the ITRC. Does anyone know where they may be available?

Would it be a violation to attach it to this forum?
6 REPLIES 6
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Hi, find them attached.

Command View 6.02 is OK up to firmware 6100 / 6110. Firmware 6200 needs Command View 8.0.

By the way, the managament appliances are EOL. You can reformat it and convert it to a general purpose server.

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00677166/c00677166.pdf

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00677373/c00677373.pdf

[Moderator edit: Removed the broken links. Please refer to https://support.hpe.com]

Sivakumar MJ._1
Respected Contributor

Andre Stewart
Frequent Advisor

Thank you, but neither of those links are the release notes for CV EVA 6.x. I need to know issues moving to 6.x, especially considering I'm at 4.1.2.2.

Again, thank you, but the data seems irrelevant.

As to the 6.110 release, I can't move beyond that until I first step to 5.1xx and then 6.1xx from there, I can then step as far forward as is possible, both with XCS and CV EVA (general purpose server or otherwise.)
Andre Stewart
Frequent Advisor

Thank you, but neither of those links are the release notes for CV EVA 6.x. I need to know issues moving to 6.x, especially considering I'm at 4.1.2.2.

Again, thank you, but the data seems irrelevant.

As to the 6.110 release, I can't move beyond that until I first step to 5.1xx and then 6.1xx. From there, I can then step as far forward as is possible, both with XCS and CV EVA (general purpose server or otherwise.)
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

Have you checked the PDF I attached?
Because it's:
HP StorageWorks Command View EVA 6.0 release notes
Andre Stewart
Frequent Advisor

No, I totally missed the attachement. I apologize for my lack of observation.

That is exasctly what I needed. I now know that, since I'm running a version of CV earlier that 5.0, I need to uninstall that version prior to installing 6.x.

With this info, I'm hoping to get to CV 9.x before the end of May. Thank you!!!

FYI, the plan is to eventually move to a general purpose server, but due to some configuration management constraints, it will take some time to get that together.