New Discussion юеВ

Command View EVA 7.0

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kevin Debono
Occasional Advisor

Command View EVA 7.0

Hi everyone,

We have just bought a new EVA SAN storage from HP. We received the license for the HP Command View 7.0 but not the media. From where can I download version 7.0, I only found version 7.0.1 that needs version 7.0...

Thanks

Kevin
7 REPLIES 7
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Re: Command View EVA 7.0

Hello Kevin,

if you EVA is under support, you can "connect" the service agreement id to you ITRC account. Then you can try to access the software update manager in the ITRC. There you can order the command view media kit.

I wouldn't install CV 7.0 anymore, cause 8.0.1 is the newest release.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Kevin Debono
Occasional Advisor

Hi Patrick

Thanks for the reply.

Will the license for version 7.0 be valid for version 8 too? And from where I can download Command View EVA 8?

Best regards,

Kevin
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Kevin,

yes, the license will be valid too. You can get the CV8 Mediakit also in the Software Update Manager of the IRTC. Otherwise call you HP sales representative and ask him for a media kit.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Kevin Debono
Occasional Advisor

Hi everyone,

I have downloaded and installed EVA 8.0 and then upgraded to 8.0.1 but the software cannot see my EVA6000 Storage. All the cables/connection with the storage controllers are in place and working ok but nothing. Any ideas? I already have an EVA4000 within the company and didn't face such problem when I've set it up.

Also from where I can download the documentation for EVA 8.0?

Thanks

Kevin
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
it seems to be eva firmware related:
http://h18006.www1.hp.com/storage/evaarraysoftware.html
the pain is one part of the reality
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Short answer: Zoning

Long answer: Does the Windows server detect the HSV controllers? (look in device manager)

The Command view server needs to have access to the master controller of the EVA, check your SAN and the zoning on the switches.