Disk Enclosures
1752618 Members
4351 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Command View EVA 9.3 problem

Timm_G

I know this is a bit of an old thread but thought I'd chime in, because I just resolved this myself and didn't find the answer after a few days of googling.

In my case I needed to move Command View to a new server and was having difficulties.  The HP MIF service would not start.

What the problem turned out to be was binding order on the NICs.  The server I was installing on was mulit-homed for LAN, SAN, and CLUSTER.  Well the CLUSTER NIC had been disconnected on this server but it was at the top of the binding order.  Apparently when Command View installs the HP MIF service attempts to bind to the NIC at the top of the binding order.  In this case that NIC was disconnected resulting in a failure to bind and thus the service not starting.  After re-ordering the NIC bindings and re-installing the HP MIF service using "xf.exe -u && xf.exe -i -ar", the service would start and I could login to Command View.

I also set the permissions on XFROOT to inherit from parent previously, but that alone did not help.  Not sure if that was part of the problem or not as I did not reset them after figuring out the binding order issue.

WissfeldA
Occasional Advisor

Maybe my detailed explanation of the issue (verified to exist in 10.0 and 10.1) may help troubleshooting if anyone stumbles across this post.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/board/message?board.id=itrc-248&message.id=62717#M62717