5075 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Command View EVA4000 Hostname Change

John Petersen_1
Advisor

Command View EVA4000 Hostname Change

Hi,

I had to change hostname of Proliant Storage Server hosting CV-EVA for our SAN. I can no longer access CV-EVA ( permission denied ). How do I fix this?

TIA,

John
8 REPLIES 8
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

John,

the release notes say that you have to reinstall CV-EVA and reconfigure the local/domain settings (I guess that means group membership to "HP Storage Admins").
John Petersen_1
Advisor

Thanks Uwe.
John Petersen_1
Advisor

Removed and reinstalled CV-EVA. Getting the following message when I attempt to log in to StorageWorks Command View EVA login screen: "Insufficient privileges"

I am logged is as administrator (this is how I accessed CV-EVA before I changed hostname/IP). I created a new account and made this account (just like the administrator account) a member of HP Storage Admins and HP Storage Users.

"Insufficient privileges" is the message I receive when I attempt to log in to CV-EVA using this new account or the administrator account.

Any assistance resolving this issue is appreciated.

Thanks,

John Petersen

IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
maybe this thread could help you:
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1206494
the pain is one part of the reality
skris
Trusted Contributor

Command view EVA, has been a suspect with Host name changes after installation. Check the System event logs to see if any errors exist.

Also a better location to check will be the windows user groups and look for the HP STORAGE ADMINS group. add the corresponding user account (If account is a Domain one add by the complete domain path).

Login and you should be done.

Cheers!
Shiva
John Petersen_1
Advisor

Hi lBaltay and skris. lBaltay, I've tried everything -- except reinstall windows -- posted in the thread you referenced. Problem still exists.

skris, the Administrator account and the StorageAdmin account both belong to the HP Storage Admins and HP Storage Users groups. I indicated that in my post when I reopened this thread.

Problem still exists: "Insufficient privileges"

John
John Petersen_1
Advisor

Windows Installer Service was disabled ( I do this for security reasons). Re-enabled it - manual startup - reinstalled CV-EVA and I can log in.

John

Hi There

In my case I also had to uninstall Replications Solutions Manager 5.0, this application use same local securitygroups as Command View EVA. With both applications uninstalled I could reinstall first CV EVA and then RSM. All worked fine, no need to manually delete files or changing the registry.