Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command View SDM problem

AIMC
Frequent Advisor

Command View SDM problem

Hi,

I have recently had to change the domain name of my server running cvsdm 1.08.03 from

hostname.domain.com

to

hostname.newdomain.com

& i ran into some problems with command view, so i removed the software, deleted everything under /opt/sanmgr & /etc/opt/sanmgr, reinstalled cvsdm & my command line works again but when i try using launcher via xterm or browsing to command view it still seems to be referencing the old domain name & will not open for me with the folowing errors;

Browser:

error getting database reference from hostname.domain.com

Xterm:

Init error for device:'hostname.domain.com:serial_number'
Init error:Initial Device Exception
Failed to open target hostname.domain.com@null:Error logging in: TIMEOUT EXPIRED

Any body seen this before or have i missed any steps when changing the domain name? Is there a reference to the server FQDN held on the array?

Regards,

Aidan
1 REPLY
AIMC
Frequent Advisor

Re: Command View SDM problem

Hi,

I found a database that had reference to the old FQDN in /var/opt/sanmgr.

Regards,

Aidan